Departments of Pediatrics, Radiation Oncology, Pharmacology and Toxicology
Director of Pediatric Research Institute
Children’s Hospital Foundation Chair for Pediatric Research
University of Louisville School of Medicine
Louisville, Kentucky 40202
Current Research Interests
- Understanding the cellular and molecular mechanisms of diabetes-induced cardiovascular diseases.
- Special interest in the role of oxidative stress, Nrf2, and antioxidants in the pathogenesis of diabetic cardiomyopathy.
- Roles of trace elements such as zinc and iron and related metallothionein in the development of diabetic complications.
- Environmental contaminations of heavy metals such as cadmium and its health effect
- Low dose radiation and its hormesis and adaptive response